Gemstone therapy is an ancient method of treating ailments using various gemstones for their therapeutic properties. This form of therapy dates back to the 13th century, when gemstone elixirs were made by mixing water and powdered gemstones, and prescribed to cure a number of ailments. The treatment was meant for the nobles and the rich people, because it made use of precious stones.
There are certain gemstones in this world, which have been found to cure a number of physical and mental ailments, such as stress, internal toxins and negativity. Today, people are resorting to the ancient method of gemstone therapy, to find cure for many diseases. This is because, it is believed that the therapy helps the body and mind to relax and facilitates the removal of toxins as well. Gemstones have the ability to provide powerful healing, both in terms of physical and mental health.
How Does Gemstone Therapy Work
Typically, gemstone therapy radiates a pure frequency of energy. If the duration of the therapy and the mass of the gemstone used in it are appropriate, the treatment will create a field of energy that would move the patient towards a more balanced, vital and healthy state of mind.
Gemstones typically involve placing gemstones along the body in order to balance the major energy centres, also referred to as chakras. By placing specific gemstones over the seven chakra centers of the body, the energy of each chakra is brought back into balance, promoting health and vitality. The seven centers are:
- The root chakra, represented by the Obsidian gemstone, is located at the base of the spine.
- The lower abdomen chakra, represented by the Carnelian gemstone, is just below the navel.
- The solar plexus chakra, represented by the Citrine gemstone, is just below the breastbone.
- The heart chakra, represented by the Peridot gemstone, is in the center of the chest.
- The throat chakra, represented by the Aquamarine gemstone, is at the base of the throat.
- The third eye chakra, represented by the Lapis lazuli gemstone, is centered above the eyebrows.
- The crown chakra, represented by the Amethyst gemstone, is at the crown of the head.